Recently, Susanna’s Apron was nominated for the Blog of the Year 2012 award, by Diane Roark at Recipes for Our Daily Bread. What a wonderful surprise! I feel very honored that Susanna’s Apron came to mind when Diane was nominating her favorite blogs. Thanks so much, Diane!
Diane’s blog is deeper than you’d expect a recipe blog to be. Diane has a precious special needs son, and her faith in God has brought her and her family through many trials. You can read Caleb’s story here.
My own Caleb’s diagnosis with type 1 diabetes, although far less traumatic than Diane’s experience, opened my eyes to the overwhelming feelings and challenges of parenting special needs children. Diane’s faith has been tested and found genuine; I have a lot of respect for this woman!
The rules for this award are simple:
- Select another blog or other blogs who deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award;
- Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award;
- Include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award at the Thought Palette and provide these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
- Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
- You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebookgroup and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
- As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
- Sarah Beals shares her Scriptural insights at Joy-Filled Days. Sarah is a homeschool mom who lives what she believes. I always find her posts encouraging and edifying.
- Olive Tree: GrowingGreen in God’s House is a cross-cultural blog. It’s written by an American mom married to a El Salvadoran man, and they live in Turkey! I had the great blessing of friendship with Olive while she lived in California, and our children were friends when they were small. We still see them occasionally when they travel!
- April’s Home Cooking is the yummiest blog on my list. April is an amazing cook, a homeschool mom, and a pastor’s wife. And she’s a great friend! Visit April’s blog, but beware – you will want to make everything she writes about!
- Janet’s Journal is written by a single mom of three, who homeschools. Yep – just like yours truly! Janet and I believe similar things about being a mom, so it’s fun to read her thoughts. If you’re looking for a fantastic, talented website designer, click on Janet’s link to Pine Blossoms Website Designs.
- I (Heart) My Life is written by a courageous mom who’s winning her battle against breast cancer. I want my readers to be encouraged by her genuine words and uplifting attitude, so be sure to visit her blog. April is an inspiration, and has a lot to teach us all.